Model Rocket Rail Guides
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail guides.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
- 11/14/2017 - TARC Registration deadline extended one week.
- Friday, December 8, 2017 is last day to register for the Team America Rocketry Challenge. Details...
- 11/01/2017 - November Specials Updated
- Specials for November have been updated and are now online... Details...
- 10/26/2017 - New Competition Payload Kit available
- New payload conforms to the recently updated NAR Payload rules. Details...
- 09/20/2017 - Irma Update #2
- Power is back! Details...
- View all news items
Just wanted to thank you guys at ASP for your great service! I placed a last minute order for some First Fire ignitors and they shipped right away, and with some extra goodies in the package like epoxy mixing cups and brushes! I got the ignitors in time for my launch and it was awesome! Thanks again guys, I appreciate your speedy service! - Joe B.View all testimonials