Parachute Materials & Pre-Cut Canopies
We carry (approx.) 3/4 - 1 mil thick polyester material for making parachutes. This is the same material we make our Sport 'Chutes and Heavy-Duty Sport 'Chutes from. It comes in lots of great colors and is sturdy for making parachutes for most smaller model rockets. Material comes folded.
For competition parachutes the 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester parachute material is just what you're looking for - this is the material of choice for competition parachutes, thin and highly visible! It's the same material we make our popular "Hang Time" Competition Parachutes and "Over Easy" Competition Eggloft Parachutes from. The 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester comes in (approximate) 56" squares and comes folded.
The pre-cut competition canopies are cut from the same 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester. Just the canopys, no shroud lines, swivels, etc. are included.
- 11/14/2017 - TARC Registration deadline extended one week.
- Friday, December 8, 2017 is last day to register for the Team America Rocketry Challenge. Details...
- 11/01/2017 - November Specials Updated
- Specials for November have been updated and are now online... Details...
- 10/26/2017 - New Competition Payload Kit available
- New payload conforms to the recently updated NAR Payload rules. Details...
- 09/20/2017 - Irma Update #2
- Power is back! Details...
- View all news items
Just wanted to thank you guys at ASP for your great service! I placed a last minute order for some First Fire ignitors and they shipped right away, and with some extra goodies in the package like epoxy mixing cups and brushes! I got the ignitors in time for my launch and it was awesome! Thanks again guys, I appreciate your speedy service! - Joe B.View all testimonials