Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 09/09/2020 - TARC registration is now open!
- Time to get your team ready for The American Rocketry Challenge! Details...
- 09/04/2020 - Flat elastic back in stock!
- Popular shock cord material is available again... Details...
- 09/03/2020 - September Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 07/31/2020 - Newest booklet from Peter Alway now available!
- "Sixteen Rockets of the Spaceflight Dreamers" is in stock and ready to ship! Details...
- View all news items
Your customer service is a model by which all companies should pattern themselves. You have definitely gained a repeat and happy customer. - Daniel E.View all testimonials