Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
1010 Size Rail Buttons, One-Piece Delrin
- 06/01/2023 - Our Black Brant IV kit is back in stock!
- This 24mm scale kit is available again! Details...
- 05/22/2023 - Upcoming Schedule
- We will be out of the office from June 20 through July 5... Details...
- 05/13/2023 - Estes Doorknob kit back in stock!
- Popular scale model available again... Details...
- 05/02/2023 - May Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- View all news items
My first order from ASP will not be my last. Truly excellent packaging, speedy service and high product quality, as well as innovative kits that make me a better rocketeer. The competition bug bit me, and ASP is the answer! - Ron K.View all testimonials