Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 04/04/2021 - April Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 03/14/2021 - Estes ASTROCAM® now available!
- New video camera rocket! Details...
- 02/14/2021 - New Scale Kit available!
- New Black Brant III kit for 13mm motors now available! Details...
- 01/18/2021 - New NASA SLS Model Rocket Kit now in stock!
- 1:200 Scale model for 18mm engines from Estes Details...
- View all news items
Thanks for the really neat model. You guys make great stuff! - Joshua M.View all testimonials