Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 02/16/2019 - Micro WAC is back!
- Our WAC Corporal kit for Quest Micro Maxx motors is back in stock! Details...
- 02/13/2019 - NARCON Pre-Orders
- We'll be attending NARCON 2019 in Cape Canaveral, FL the first weekend in March. Details...
- 02/03/2019 - Estes Saturn V Kit now in stock.
- Updated 1/100th scale kit now available! Details...
- 02/02/2019 - February Specials Updated
- Specials for this month are online now! Details...
- View all news items
Always a pleasure to do business with you. Prompt service, good prices and great customer communications. - Geoffrey K.View all testimonials