Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 10/19/2019 - New scale kit now available!
- Black Brant VB kit for 24mm engines is now ready to ship! Details...
- 10/03/2019 - October Specials Updated
- Specials for this month are online now! Details...
- 09/10/2019 - Two new Estes kits in stock!
- One scale, one glider... Details...
- 08/09/2019 - Two more Micro Kits Re-issued!
- Micro Corporal and Micro RP-3 Scale kits both available again! Details...
- View all news items
Thanks for your service and great rockets. The kids get great flights - Pat T.View all testimonials