Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 04/18/2019 - Upcoming Schedule
- Our office will be closed from May 16 - May 20. Details...
- 04/09/2019 - Estes RTF Saturn V Kit here now!
- 1/200th Scale kit is now in stock! Details...
- 04/03/2019 - April Specials Updated
- Specials for this month are online now! Details...
- 03/25/2019 - Micro Maxx nose cones now available.
- 3d printed nose cones to fit our Micro Maxx body tubes. Details...
- View all news items
Thank you for the nice kits. Your kits and service are exceptional. - Steve S.View all testimonials