Model Rocket Rail Buttons
The advantage of rails over a normal launch rod is that a rail is generally much stiffer than a rod and you will almost never get "rod-whip" as the rocket leaves the launcher. Rails are becoming more common at launches for heavier mid and high-power rockets, and can even be used for smaller models if desired. Many clubs and organized launches now provide rails, but be sure to check the availability before planning on flying a model with rail buttons.
1010 size rails are the most common and can be used with most mid and high-power rockets.
The mini size buttons are about a third the size of the 1010 buttons and can be used on smaller, "model rocket" size birds, but multiple ones can also be used on larger models as well.
- 11/08/2023 - Two ASP scale kits back in stock!
- Our Super Loki Dart and V-2 kits, both for 24mm engines, are available again! Details...
- 11/02/2023 - November Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 11/01/2023 - Upcoming Schedule
- We will be out of the office from December 2-10, 2023. Details...
- 09/29/2023 - Our big Kappa 9-M kit is available again!
- Scale model of the Japanese sounding rocket is back in stock... Details...
- View all news items
Aerospace Speciality Products was highly instrumental in my TARC team's success this year. All orders were fulfilled with expertise and speed, and Andy went above and beyond to ensure that we had precisely the right rocketry components. I say wholeheartedly that Aerospace Speciality Products is second to none in customer service. Trust all of your rocketry needs to Andy whether you are a hobbyist or going after the Team America Rocketry Challenge. Great company! - Greg S.View all testimonials