Parachute Materials, Pre-Cut Canopies & Shroud Line
We carry (approx.) 3/4 - 1 mil thick polyester material for making parachutes. This is the same material we make our Sport 'Chutes and Heavy-Duty Sport 'Chutes from. It comes in lots of great colors and is sturdy for making parachutes for most smaller model rockets. Material comes folded.
For competition parachutes the 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester (Mylar®) parachute material is just what you're looking for - this is the material of choice for competition parachutes, thin and highly visible! It's the same material we make our popular "Hang Time" Competition Parachutes and "Over Easy" Competition Eggloft Parachutes from. The 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester comes in (approximate) 54" squares and comes folded.
The pre-cut competition canopies are cut from the same 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester. Just the canopy, no shroud lines, swivels, etc. are included.
MYLAR® is a registered trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- 09/29/2023 - Our big Kappa 9-M kit is available again!
- Scale model of the Japanese sounding rocket is back in stock... Details...
- 09/09/2023 - Larger competition parachutes back in stock!
- Comp parachute kits, canopies and 1/4 mil material available again... Details...
- 09/04/2023 - September Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 09/01/2023 - Our Competition Payload Kit has been updated...
- NAR-style competition payload Details...
- View all news items
I am so glad I found your web site, great stuff! - Terry Z.View all testimonials