Model Rocket Tips & Info
Here are some notes and articles that you might find informative and helpful with building and flying model rockets. Click on the links below for the complete info!
With over 40 years of model rocketry experience we continuously strive to provide you with the most up to date model rocket info to enhance your knowledge and enjoyment of the hobby!
If you have a question about any of the tips or information that we have provided, click here to contact us today!
Basic Rocketry Info
Getting Started in Rocketry - What do you need to begin in model rocketry? Take a look at this article.
About Model Rocket Engines - types, how they work and what those numbers mean. For a basic article on engines read this.
Safety Codes - following the safety codes is what has made rocketry one of the safest hobbies of all to participate in. Be sure to read and follow the codes when flying model or high-power rockets.
- NAR Model Rocket Safety Code
- NAR High Power Safety Code
- Tripoli Rocketry Association Code for High Power Rocketry
Rocket Construction Info
Some Notes on Adhesives: Several types of adhesives may be used during the construction of most model rockets. Read an article giving the basics of different types of adhesives by clicking here.A Note on the Hardening of Unmixed EPOXO 88 hardening in the tube, click here for a solution.
For some basic info on using G10 fin material click here.
Competition Rocketry InfoFor some tips for using our pre-cut G10 Fins click here!
Selecting Parachutes for Egglofting - One of the most commonly asked questions is what size or type of parachutes you should use in egglofting competition. Unfortunately there is no easy answer; it's probably more art than science. Read the entire article by clicking here.
Some Notes on Tracing Paper Streamers - Click here for an article that provides some tips on using our Tracing Paper streamers in comp models.
The current version of the the NAR "United States Model Rocket Sporting Code" (the rules governing model rocket competitons) is here.
- 09/09/2023 - Larger competition parachutes back in stock!
- Comp parachute kits, canopies and 1/4 mil material available again... Details...
- 09/04/2023 - September Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 09/01/2023 - Our Competition Payload Kit has been updated...
- NAR-style competition payload Details...
- 08/21/2023 - Ultimate Sanding Bar now in stock!
- New from Estes... Details...
- View all news items
It is a pleasure doing business with you! - Gregory W.View all testimonials