Parachute Materials, Pre-Cut Canopies & Shroud Line
We carry (approx.) 3/4 - 1 mil thick polyester material for making parachutes. This is the same material we make our Sport 'Chutes and Heavy-Duty Sport 'Chutes from. It comes in lots of great colors and is sturdy for making parachutes for most smaller model rockets. Material comes folded.
For competition parachutes the 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester (Mylar®) parachute material is just what you're looking for - this is the material of choice for competition parachutes, thin and highly visible! It's the same material we make our popular "Hang Time" Competition Parachutes and "Over Easy" Competition Eggloft Parachutes from. The 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester comes in (approximate) 54" squares and comes folded.
The pre-cut competition canopies are cut from the same 1/4 mil Aluminized Polyester. Just the canopy, no shroud lines, swivels, etc. are included.
MYLAR® is a registered trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- 09/03/2022 - New Saturn book in stock!
- "THE SATURN I/IB ROCKET: NASA'S First Apollo Launch Vehicle" is in stock & ready to ship! Details...
- 09/02/2022 - September Specials Updated
- Check out the great deals for this month! Details...
- 08/21/2022 - Upcoming Schedule
- Our office will be closed from 9/23 - 9/30. Details...
- 08/02/2022 - New scale data booklet available!
- "Selected US Navy Missiles of the Cold War" by Alway now in stock... Details...
- View all news items
Your package arrived in perfect condition today. Thanks for such terrific service! The (29mm) D Region Tomahawk kit is going to be a fun build. High quality components, tight tolerances - a model builder's dream. - Bill B.View all testimonials